I'm not a huge TV watcher, but I do like to watch a few shows. Sometimes I even like to watch the crap shows just for pure enjoyment.
I have to say I'm hooked on the show Vampire Dairies. A lot of people are saying it's a rip-off of Twilight, but I don't think people know that the Vampire Diaries are books that were written in the early 90' before Twilight.
Anyway, I like the show, so I decided to read the books.
Man did they switch a lot!
- In the show they forget that Elena has a 4 year old little sister and give her a 16 year old little brother instead.
- In the show they make it seem like her parents just died. In the books it's been years since the accident.
- In the show they make this huge thing about Katherine being trapped in the church. In the books she died a long time ago.
- In the books bonnie is pale white with red curly hair.....the show? not so much.
- In the books the brothers have no real reason to come to that town. They never lived in it before (good twist for the show though).
- In the show it never shows Elena and Stefan wanting to suck each others blood and Stefan never goes against his way of life. The books are sooo different.
- The biggest difference is......in the books Elena has blond hair, not brown hair. And she was a stuck up girly girl at school. I like her better in the show where shes down to earth.
I think it's funny when they change so much from books when they make them into a movie of put them on TV. I've never seen quite so big of changes though.
Decent books if you want to read them. Not the most amazing stuff I've ever read, but decent.
The show has some great eye candy. I think that's what keeps we wanting more! Hahaha.