We had a long year. It was amazing in some parts and gut-wrenchingly hard at others. I'm proud to say that I survived this year without a mental breakdown! I'm ringing in the new year with my son and husband. I couldn't ask for anything more.
Here's to an amazing(deployment free) 2011!
Here is our yearly recap:
- I celebrated my birthday alone again due to an underway. But the hubs more than made up for it!
- Landon turned 5!
- Underways got back in full swing before deployment.
- Many family activities before deployment. (picnics, drive-in movies, circus and a fair!)
- Family pictures that would have to get me through deployment.
- Deployment started.
- Landon lost his first tooth!
- On my anniversary I found my dream picnic basket at an antique store here in New England!
- My sister-in-law came to visit us for a few weeks!
- Went home to Washington
- Took Landon to the sprint car races
- My nice Peyton was born!
- Took Landon for the first time to the campground I'd been going to every year in WA since I was born.
- Girls trip to Forks, Wa & LaPush(met the cast of the Hillywood show)
- Got the last 3 on my Quad list (Washington is the only state that has all 4. Ocean, Desert, Rainforest and Mountains(Volcanoes))
- Landon learned how to fish with his Papa
- Landon started Kindergarten!
- And started Soccer! He also got his first belt in Karate(I have pictures but I can't find them at the moment)
- Trick-or-treating at our favorite place here in CT!
- Decorated the tree to get ready for Daddy to be home!!
- Justin made 1st class!
- He came home!!
- Polar Express train ride in RI with great friends!