Sunday, April 6, 2014

Shore Duty

We are now a year into shore duty. I'm not going to lie, the beginning was hard. I had been married for years but wasn't great at living with someone. I was so used to doing everything on my own that everything was always done my way. If J was 'home' he had duty every third day and didn't get home until 6-8 at night.

But we have found a balance. We've learned to work together and now are working on making our home OURS. Projects are being done and for the first time we are buying things for this house, not things we think could fit in 3 houses down the road when we move. It's different and so amazing.

I have so many things to post about and every time I think I'm going to make time to truly blog again, I fail. I've missed it and maybe now with my office about done, I will have a place to sit and do it.

1 comments:

Brittney said...

After three and a half years of my husband on sea duty I don't quite know what to do now that he's on shore duty. Its only been about six months so we're still getting into the groove of things. I'm glad you guys were able to find a balance, it really is hard adjusting to them being home all the time! :)