Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Food Quest: Milagro (mexican)

I love me some good Mexican. Mandy and I went here a few weeks back(yay for girls night out!) and it was soooo good! It's a little restaurant so if you decide to go, don't go at peak times or you will be waiting since it fills up quick! It's child friendly though they do not have a children's menu, they will help you find something for your child. Also large groups could be hard due to the number of tables (only about 10 tables max in there).
.
What we ordered:
Shared- Salsa y Chips trio of salsa & corn chips (most amazing thing ever! 4 different kinds of sauce for dipping your chips in. Mild salsa, hot salsa, sour cream and a green salsa(which was the best))
M- Tacos al Pastor two mini tacos of citrus marinated pork with grilled pineapple on soft corn tortillas (I tried this, didn't think I was going to like it but I LOVED it!). She also got the special which was beer battered fish tacos.....most amazing thing I've ever eaten!
K- Sopa Azteca crisp tortilla strips & roasted chicken in rich guajillo pepper broth garnished with diced avocado, cheese, pasilla pepper flakes & sour cream (amazing soup, a must have). Enchiladas Rojas rotisserie chicken wrapped in a corn tortilla, baked in an ancho chili sauce, garnished with cilantro, onion, cheese & sour cream (it was good. I'll switch it up next time. The sauce was good but the extra cheese was a little overpowering)
Took home for J- Mole Poblano braised half chicken with a traditional Mexican chocolate & chili sauce (He loved it. He was so excited when I called and told him that they had Mole)
I have a feeling that we will be going back here often. I will add picture within the next month or two and update this post.
.
Pros:
Great food
Great service
Fun atmosphere
Authentic Mexican food
Decent prices
Great amount of food for the money
.
Cons:
Not a lot of tables (could have a wait)
Not 100% child friendly (but they do try to make it work)

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

glad you liked it I love mexican food bt I only eat it in my home state of TX...lol =)

Keri Alane said...

Just wanted to say Hi! i followed your link from the SWC!! I love reading other Sub wife blogs it makes me feel not so crazy! Your son is Adorable!!! and I <3 your layout!!!