Monday, May 24, 2010

Picnic Quest: Bushnell Park

The day that we got our family pictures done, we did a breakfast picnic first. It was a lot of fun to do something different.

I made mini bagel sandwiches, banana muffins, jelly filled muffins (that I'm going to be putting the recipe up for) and we had a bunch of sliced fruit. It was soooo good! I don't know why I've never thought to do a breakfast picnic before, but I'm in love with them now.


I liked this park, but have to say that driving an hour to it isn't really worth it. We had to park in a parking area that you had to pay for since it was in the middle of the city. They have concerts and such there in the summer and the lawn for that is huge! You can see the capitol building from the big lawn also. They have a really neat memorial arch for sailors & soldiers. The best part was by far the carousel. It's old and beautiful! Only $1 to ride and the rides are a decent length.

All in all it was really fun. I'm glad we went, even if we never make the trip up again it was a day to remember for always.

0 comments: