Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our last night.

I can't ask for a better two weeks then I have had.  J should have left weeks ago but things changed and we were given extra time. I was so thankful for the time we got. J got leave and we spent 5 days doing nothing but family stuff (as you can tell by the pictures. lol).

When we have leave and time together I always know way ahead of time what I want us to do. This time was no exception. I do know that we can't do something everyday or we get burnt out so I try to do something every other day and sometimes on those days we would do a few things to get as much in as we could.

When J comes up with something that he wants to do it makes it so much better. I love when it's his idea. He told me that the last thing he really wanted to do was go to the beach and maybe have a picnic. I thought it was a great idea! So the night before he left we got dessert and went to the beach for a dessert picnic. It was the most amazing way to end our time together.

Justin and I laid the blanket out and snuggled while Landon played in the sand & water. He was having the best time and J and I were over the moon happy watching him.
Landon is all boy. He can play in the dirt and sand forever and never get tired of it.
This is J's great picture taking skills.
The water was cold! But Landon didn't care. He loved it. J was even too much of a wimp to go out into it past his feet.


I think this is my favorite picture from that day. This beach is so beautiful and it holds some great memories. It was hard coming here the next day to watch the boat leave when the night before we were cuddling on a blanket in the sand.
I read on the blanket while Landon and Justin made me a sand castle. I loved watching them build it together and Landon thought that it was the best thing in the world. These two pictures crack me up. They are always doing the same exact thing without trying to.
This is what we saw at the end of our picnic. J & I sat on a bench swing talking and laughing while Landon played on the playground.

I really couldn't have asked for a better last night together.

4 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The beach pictures are amazing...love the sunset! Glad you had a great time together.

Cassie said...

Those are some great shots and this is such a sweet post! I hope the time that he is gone passes quickly for you!

Allie said...

Awwe! It sounds perfect! I'm glad you guys had such a great time together! =)

Tiffany said...

Hey! Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog!
Glad you and your Boo had a great last night together before he left! Deployments suck, but I know you know this. But as always, he'll be home before you know it!