Sunday, May 16, 2010

Picnic Quest: Bluff Point!

Since the weather has been nice, we've been going on a ton of picnics! I love here that they have so many different places that we can go. We've been to Bluff point a few times but only to have a picnic or walk the trails, never have we done both at the same time.

It's a great place to picnic. You can choose one of the many picnic tables right when you get there (we chose one over looking the water) or you can hike and pick a spot as you go. When Mandy and I went a few months back we found a really great place to stop and picnic (about 1 mile in)

I made all the food and we were off!
If you've been reading my blog for a while then you know that J insists that I make the same thing every time we picnic. Chicken Parm and Pasta (he likes pickle pasta but I switched it up this time!).

Can you guess what J contributed to the meal?

These are a few pictures from the trip. The top left is Landon and I in the car waiting for J so we could go. The one under that is me watching them skip rocks on our walk. It was getting cold to I put my hood up, J laughed at me forever due to how silly I looked, but I stayed warm!!!! The others are self explanatory. The last one on the bottom right was after J told me he didn't like posed pictures, they aren't real enough. So I took this one. Serves him right.


These are from our walk. This place is just so beautiful. We happened to be walking back as the sun was setting, it was the most amazing thing to see. I love watching the sun set over water.

We had a really great time walking and laughing together. I love picnics.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh wow that looks like a really beautiful area!

Amanda C. said...

that's so great! it looks beautiful, i love picnics and hiking in the park! :)

Michelle and Jim said...

I love your blog! It's so cute. And I'll admit, I've taken some of your ideas to use. But don't worry I give you full credit! I'm curious about how you did the bucket list, what I love this month and our navy journey. I'd really love to incorporate that in my other blog. I check in on your blog every other day. Keep up the fantastic work!