Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ikea owns my heart!

Life has been going here. I feel like this blog has taken a big backseat since we moved here.  I feel bad for this, but I've found myself. I craft now, a lot. I love making things and I love that people love my things! I have orders come in weekly for something or other. I'm finding my niche and creating things that I love.

I've also found that being in a home that you like makes you want to make it better. For the first time, we have curtains in our living room! It's wonderful! Not only do they provide the much needed glare protection off the TV, but it looks amazing! We have three huge windows in the living room and beautiful beige floor to ceiling curtains! Thank you IKEA!

I've also been getting more and more done in Little's room. He loves it and so do I. It's the little kid room I always hoped to make for my child. It has a theme that isn't common, and it's all matching and amazing! We just made him a reading spot in bed since he's so interested in reading so much now. With a little help from IKEA's picture frame shelf and an amazing lamp that screws into the wall(with a push button and cover over the bulb!) he has the perfect spot for bedtime reading!(and no more getting out of bed to turn the big light on and off!)


I have a few more projects I want to do before my parents come to visit in a few weeks! It's been 4 years since they've been over here and they've never seen this house! SOOOOO excited.

I hope everyone out there in the bloggy world is doing great!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great idea! That's so cute and convenient!

Lauren Stewart said...

Nice work girl! I want to see pictures of the house. We are just barely now getting things that we love for our home. We never got new couches when we got married or stuff for our bedroom because Sean was in Law School and we just couldn't. But now... it's been really fun. And it makes it feel so much more like home. YAY for you! I'm sure it's beautiful. PS I love to read your blog. It's kind of like chocolate to me.. a guilty pleasure.