Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall leaves me happy!

I love Fall. I really think it's my most favorite time of year. It's the end of the too hot summer and getting you set for the holiday! I love the weather and the changing of colors! Ahhhh, I just love it!

J came home from underway with just enough time for us to be a family. Then he left again.

We were able to do all of the great fall things while he was home since he will be gone for a while this time. The highlights were apple picking, pumpkin picking, hayrides & corn mazes, carving pumpkins and the Jack-o-lantern spectacular!

I made a few collages since we took SO MANY PICTURES! Enjoy!

I love going to this orchard. It's been my favorite for a few years now and I love that not a ton of people go to it(it's popular, but not as much as some...I think no one really knows about it and it's greatness yet....so shhhhhh). We always go and pick apples, then jump on the horse drawn "hay" ride to the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins, then we ride back up and walk to the corn maze.

Landon LOVES this corn maze! Even on a weekend it wasn't packed and we had a great time running in the maze trying to find all of the stamps. This was J's first year being home to go with us and he really enjoyed it also.

That night we got home and got to carving! All I cared about was the seeds! YUM! Landon carved Frankenstein, J's was a vampire and mine was just a "lady pumpkin" in Landon's words. Haha.

The Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at the Roger Williams Zoo in RI is one of the most amazing this we've been to. We were told that the wait time on the weekends was bad, so we went on a Tuesday night and had NO wait time to get in! It just took us over a hour to see everything, but it was so worth it! They had a trail with 5,000 carved pumpkins! They were amazing! If you live in New England I recommend you go!

We had the best time walking around. It was the night before J left so we just soaked up every minute we could together. There is something about holding hands in the dark that just gets me.

Does anyone have any fun traditions that they only do during the fall?

2 comments:

Michelle D. said...

I think this is FANTASTIC! Fall is my favorite time of the year as well. Every year, if my hubby is home, we go 'leafing' we go up to the Charlottesville area and look at all the beautiful fall foliage. And around Halloween we get pumpkins to carve, order a pizza and watch 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.' It's become a fall tradition.

Ana said...

Eek, now you are making me miss New England! Fall is so the best time. I took my nephews to Roger Williams Zoo for the pumpkin thing the last year I lived there. It was so much fun! It almost makes me want to get stationed in CT...