Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Part 2

It was just Landon and I today for Easter....again. I don't mind it and J is sweet enough to pick something out to go in the basket every time he can't be here. So we made due and sent Daddy an e-mail telling him we wished he was here.

When I was growing up we always had to hunt for our baskets on Easter morning. I loved it! It was always so much fun trying to find your basket...and I hated when I could find both my sisters but could never find mine! haha.

Last night Casey sat and watched me put together Landon's basket. I had a ton of things to put in there. Then I hid it......under the kitchen sink (it took him a while to find it). Then Landon dug in. He played with his new castle for hours today. I think Easter was a toy hit this year (we did read a few books on the real reason for Easter but I don't think he really gets it yet).


Pictures from top left over...First round of stuff in the basket (mini etch-a-sketch, tons of candy, eggs and oobie eyes). Rock-em-sock-em robots minis he loves them! Stuff from the Grandparents (coloring book, candy and a webkin(next picture)). The whole basket (so much stuff! it was crazy!) He found it under the sink and laughed so hard....I loved it. Then Landon checking out his loot.

I have more pictures from our little egg hunt and stuff but I will add those tomorrow.

I hope everyone had an amazing day!

6 comments:

mommymichael said...

awesome basket mama!!

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

Hmmm, under the kitchen sink...I'll have to remember that. We're fans of the dryer, but my 6-year-old's memory is getting better so we'll have to get more creative next year. Happy Easter!

KK said...

Michael- I love you. You always make me smile and feel so great. True friend.

Roller Coaster- I remember very vividly the year my parents hid mine in the dryer....I was looking FOREVER! I also like doing it in places like under the computer desk with the chair pushed in.lol.

Alicia said...

Looks like fun was had by all!

Adrienne said...

Happy Easter ....I am sorry your hubby is away that is a sweet basket!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Wow! That basket looks awesome! I bet he loved it!