Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DIY Halloween Village!

 
Last year when we were putting up my cheap Christmas Village I told J how they weren't painted very well and I should just repaint them. The next part of the conversation went like this.
 
J- "Why would you want them all one color?"
Me- "No, dork! I would just fix the parts that look like junk. It's not like I would be painting them all black!"
 
Then it hit me! I could paint them all black! It just wouldn't be for Christmas!
 
Yesterday Little and I dug out a few of the houses and ran to the store to find some people we thought would look good in our village(we also got some trees and benches and such).
 
Then we got to work!
 


Everything we planned to paint!
(You can get the little houses at walmart and places like that. These we got a few years ago and I think they were $1-2 each!)

Giving Little his first lesson in spray paint! We did black then added random spurts of glow-in-the-dark spray paint.

First coat! We left a few pieces of color poking out but not much!

All dry and set up! The missionaries were here doing laundry and told me I needed to add the web to it! I think they were right!


The bride and groom are my favorite! They look super creepy!

 
Someone told me they saw this going around pinterest, but I haven't seemed to be able to find it even when I searched for it! I guess quite a few people had this idea! I love it!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Loveeeee this!! You're so darn creative!

Jenn Rice said...

Yeah. I saw it on Pinterest. Here's the link to the blog post that the pin links too. I think I like yours better though.

Michelle D. said...

You are SO creative! Love it! Thanks for sharing this!!!

grandma tina said...

Love the door and the village.

grandma tina said...

Love the door and the village.