Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Zoo!

Here in Seattle they have one of the most amazing zoos(I think I use the word amazing way too much. sorry). It once again was something I told everyone that I really wanted to do while I was here. We waited till the last minute, but we did it. We got there at about 11 AM and didn't leave until 630 PM! We were there all day! But we had a great time and we saw just about everything they had there for us to see.

When we first got there, the penguins were the first thing to see. This one was swimming right by the glass and the boys just loved it!

Look at that huge snake! Ick!

The kids had the best time climbing on all of the statues around the zoo. Sometimes I think they liked that more then the real animals!

Lexi is so cute! I just loved her! By the end she wanted to hold my hand run run (from monsters) everywhere.

They even have a nice little petting zoo inside. It only had goats and donkeys, but the kids loved getting to touch them all.

I loved this guy. He was noisy and wanted to be done.

In the middle of our day, we went out to have lunch. They had a nice park next to the zoo that we ate at (you can eat in the zoo, but we didn't want to have to pack all of our stuff inside).

Isn't this neat! It sat there right by Landon for what seemed like ever. I don't know if he was sad or just tired, but he was so cute.

Landon was telling everyone that he wanted a safari hat. He's so funny. We don't ever have to argue when we go into a gift shop.... he always knows exactly what he wants.

Waiting for the Lions to walk by.......

....then he did! I felt like we were way too close to this guy. It freaked me out a little bit.

We had a really great time and I'm so glad we all went. I was glad that Jennie and Lexi could come with us also. We had a great time catching up and chatting.

After the Zoo we went out to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. Seriously, the best thing I've eaten since I've been home!

Oh how I've missed Seattle food!

2 comments:

mrs. jcd said...

Looks like a great time! What is that lady doing in the donkey picture though...? Just curious.

KK said...

Hahaha. I have no idea. i think she was telling the kids about how they can kick really hard so they needed to be careful. lol.