Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthday party!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from Landon's party. My neighbor Mandy took over 150 pictures for me so really when I say a few...I mean a few. lol.
.
Mandy takes a lot of pictures for us. She is really good at what she does and has an amazing camera to back it up. I'm lucky to have her, without here I doubt I would have gotten many pictures at all.

This is Hummee.
.
Hummee doesn't like a lot of kids running in his house. This was taken right when people started showing up and he started to get a little nervous (I would to if I was that small!). He ended up going into his "house" for the party and was a lot happier in there!



This is Casey.
.
Casey and I have been friends for a little over 2 years now. Even though she doesn't have any kids of her own she treats Landon like he's part of her family. I mean look she came to his birthday party! She couldn't stay long since her husband had just gotten home but she helped me out tons with the little things I couldn't get done (like frosting the cupcakes!)
.
I'm very lucky to have a friend like her. She's the only one Justin feels 100% comfortable with watching Landon when we go out (that lives here). She's always there for me. Even when it's 2am and I just need someone to talk.
.
Thank you Casey for sharing Landon's special day with him, it meant so much to both of us!

Landon and his friend Madeline love to do puppet shows. I think they do one every time she comes over. It's fun to watch them pretend and play together. I thought it was cute that even at his birthday party they did a show for us.

Another shot of the Puppet show. I love this picture!

Since I let the kids decorate their own cupcakes we didn't make a big cake. So before we let them decorate I stuck a few candles in one and we all sang happy birthday.
.
The cupcake decorating wasn't messy at all! I thought we were going to have frosting everywhere since the kids ranged from almost 2-6 years old. But nope! Just some sprinkles on the floor!

This is Landon and his BFF Adrian. I met Adrian's mom on a forum for sub wives when she was getting ready to move out here a few months ago. I was excited that she only had one kid( not that I have anything against more kids. lol) and he was only a few months older then Landon. We got together right after they moved here and the kids hit it off like they had been friends for years!
.
Landon even got to have Adrian stay the night after the party! It was a lot of fun!

Coloring the masks and treasure maps kept the kids busy for a long time! I had no idea it would be such a big hit. I'm glad I had them!

Landon & I. I had a cuter picture of me but this one just fits us. I love that kid so very much and I can't believe he's already 5! Time goes by so quick.
.
We are already starting to plan next years birthday party! Landon wants an under the sea theme and since next year is an even number...off the the Aquarium we go! I think it will be so much fun for the kids!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

you had some great ideas for the party! i love that picture of your son blowing out the candles, so cute!!

Strong "er" then you! said...

BOOO it looked like so much fun I wish I could have been there! Stupid Navy and moving us down south!

Miss you guys like always!!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Love the hats!! Too cute!

Phoebee said...

Aw it looks like he had a blast! & awwx2 w/his little lady friend lol.

& pic of you&landon together is adorable! i <3 your hair color! very striking. =]

KK said...

Thanks!

This is the first time in a while that I haven't dyed my hair. It's it's natural color for once. lol...i'm getting used to it.

Phoebee said...

Its looks good this color! keep it natural! with your hair this color & length you remind me a ton of amy adams!