Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day loot! (longest post EVER)

I like Valentine's Day. I always have. I love getting surprised by Justin and just reeling in all the pink! Justin does great on all holidays but Valentine's he always goes overboard. He told me the other night that it's fun to go all out and see if he can do it better every year....and that if he shows me how much he loves me on the 14th maybe he can have the rest of the year off (and that if it wasn't for Valentine's Day he would have to show me he loves me everyday, and that's just plain boring). Lol that's my husband for ya!
.
Since he had duty on Sunday I knew he were going to celebrate on Saturday.
.
He woke me up bright and early to get ready and get to breakfast. It was so fun. Most of the time (ok all of the time) I sleep in on weekends. I let Justin play video games downstairs while I get as much sleep as I want. So getting up early and eating breakfast was a ton of fun.
.
After breakfast we went over to the Mystic Village. It's one of my favorite places to go. The shops are amazing and when the weather is nice we love to feed the ducks in the pond. It also has the most amazing Vera Bradley store around here.
.
For part of my gift, Justin let me loose in the Vera store, told me I could get whatever purse I wanted and that he would meet me at the car after he took Landon to a different store.
.
(It was hard picking what one I wanted)

After Mystic we went home so I could take a nap (I love mid-day naps!).
.
Justin woke me up a few hours later and told me to get ready again. We were off to dinner! We ate at a really great restaurant and had a great time. Landon is so goofy.

(The boys at dinner)


After dinner Justin took me to the book store. You see this is amazing since I'm not really aloud to go in there anymore due to how many books I come out with. lol. Target is a safe bet with me since I only get 3-4. The book store is BAD news! But I got a lot of really great books that will keep me busy while Justin is gone.


(not too bad. It could have been worse)

When we got home later that night he gave me my favorite fudge from Mystic. He was sneaky about getting it while I was in the Vera store.

.
Day 2!

I didn't expect anything on Valentine's Day since we'd done everything the day before. So I was shocked when someone knocked on the door early (ok it was 10) in the morning on Sunday.
.

The guy handed me all of this!


(One dozen chocolate covered strawberries)

(He felt bad that he couldn't be there.....even though we had fully celebrated the night before)
I love the Hippo. Landon named it "Hippo Landon" and keeps it wrapped in a baby blanket.
.
(Landon loves strawberries, and loves that I share!)


That night I made Landon pink heart pancakes for dinner. I topped it with Strawberries, chocolate syrup and powdered sugar. He loved it! Major sugar rush dinner, but it's only once a year so why not!


I hope everyone had an amazing Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

(The) Ladybug Lounge said...

What a great weekend you had !! Your pile of books cracks me up ! Enjoy the reading and the strawberries !!

Amanda C. said...

thats amazing!! lucky woman!
:D

Stephanie said...

Haha I'm reading both Wuthering Heights and The Vampire Diaries right now. Wuthering Heights is so much better than Jane Austen stuff :)

KK said...

Lol Stephanie....we like the same books!

Are you taking a break from "the list" for a little while?

Stephanie said...

No...not really taking a break. Wuthering Heights is on my list and I'm a little more than halfway through. I've wanted to read The Vampire Diaries for a while (see if it's as good as the show) so I figured I'd read both at the same time. It's all the reading I have for school that is slowing me down lol