Thursday, February 17, 2011

To move. Or not to move.

We have been in this house for 3 years. I'm getting a little antsy. We have been presented with the option to move. Not to another duty station, but to another house.

Here is the break down.

Here is a little about the house we live in now

Pros
*Lots of space(3 stories)
*Nice backyard
*LOTS of main living space

Cons
*3 stories(lots of climbing...and falling)
*No fence
*Attached to other houses on both sides(even bedroom walls)
*1 1/2 bathrooms(works for us, but compared to the other house)
*2 bedrooms

Now on to the other house

Pros
*Single family stand alone house!(NO attached walls!)
*Single story ranch
*Fenced in yard for Little and the dog
*2 full bathrooms(mater bath)
*3 bedrooms

Cons
*We would lose main living space
*Lose storage space
*We would have to move a massive wood swing set. lol.

The biggest con.....we would have to move ourselves. Moving ourselves could cost anywhere between 400-1000(depending on how much of it we want to do ourselves).

Is it worth it for two more years? Should we just stay put and live with being connected to other people, and hope we get good new neighbors who aren't loud? I'm petrified of who is going to move in next!

The new house is right down the road so it wouldn't change anything like commute time or Littles school.

What would you do?

10 comments:

Mrs. B said...

This is a hard decision!!

I've been in both houses so this is how I would put it.. What do YOU want more.. Space/Storage or Privacy?

I don't hear my neighbors AT ALL.. and you know the luck I had with my neighbors at the other house..

I vote for you to move..cause you'll be closer ;) but REALLY think about it because I don't want you to regret anything!

Unknown said...

I would move because it's to a stand alone house! I hate sharing walls with people. Two years is a decent amount of time...though I would also reconsider if I had to do the whole move by myself!

The Social Frog said...

I would move. If you are not very happy after 3 years, do something different, especially since you have been given the option.


www.thesocialfrog.com

SLM said...

Personally, I hate sharing walls so much that I would do it!! And for our life a fenced in yard is worth it's weight in gold!!!

Lauren Peterson said...

I say move. Were thinking about moving too!! And I could even send Josh over to help!! =) Your new house sounds awesome!!

Jen said...

i would have to agree with the moving. Not having to share walls and a fenced in yard would totally make it worth it! Enlisting the help of friends makes the moving wayyyy less daunting and helps to keep it a little cheaper!!

Jennifer said...

Just go with your gut, it's usually right.

Sh. said...

Eeek! What a life-changing choice...although it's pretty great that its in the same area so that your son won't have to relocate schools! I think you should totally do it - and post all about your organization for moving (because I'm going to need all the advice I can get soon!) :)

Jen said...

hmmmmm...if I could move to a one level we'd probably jump on it because i am the CLUMSIEST person when it comes to stairs!! Seriously...I say a prayer every time I walk down our set, I had a horrible accident with Pollyanna on ours and we SERIOUSLY considered asking for a transfer when I got preggo with Piglet.

But I agree with your friend Bri...make sure you REALLY want to...because it's a lot of money and time and stress, and if you're happy where you are then why not just stay?

Joe and Samantha said...

I would stay. I hate moving. I hate unpacking. Ick.