Monday, March 1, 2010

Dr. Seuss! One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish.

Dr. Seuss' birthday is tomorrow. I always remember doing fun things when I was in school for this day. So I thought it would be fun to do it this year with Landon! Last night I had a friend over.....I enlisted her help. She read the book while I got things ready for the craft.
Here they are reading the book. (No idea what the face is for. He wouldn't smile.)
.
You need...
2 8 1/2x11 clear plastic sleeves (like the ones used in binders)
Colored tissue paper (blue and red specifically. I also used green and yellow).
Marker (for tracing).
Stapler
Cardstock/Carboard (to create fish template)

Step 1. Draw a fish shape onto cardstock. Make sure you have a wide tail base.

Step 2. Cut out fish shape.

Step 3. Trace fish shape onto clean sheets (I did 2 fish per sheet, but you can use a whole sheet to each fish, just make sure you have enough clear sheets. lol.)

Step 4. Cut out each fish shape. Be careful not to get them mixed up. I cut the tails out first and stapled them so I could keep them together.

Step 5. Staple around fish. Make sure you leave an opening to put the tissue in.

Step 6. Cut tissue into squares and stuff the fish with one color each.

Step 7. Staple around rest of fish to close it up.

Step 8. Write on each fish and give them a face if you would like!


We had a lot of fun making these and Landon loves to play with them when we read the book at bedtime now. It was a simple little craft to make and didn't take much time at all.

4 comments:

Amanda C. said...

that's so cute! what a great idea!

Casey Stine said...

poor landon looks terrified at what i'm reading

Anonymous said...

too adorable. =)

Amanda C. said...

hey girl! you got an award on my blog! :D