Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First book*EDIT FOR NEW PEOPLE WHO WANT TO JOIN*

Alright! We have a book for the first month!
Click HERE to read about the book club and join in!! (all you have to do is add your name to the list and read and post every week once we start. If you don't want to read every book, you don't have to! It's just for fun and to have people to talk about the same book with!)
We are going to start on the first of April. We will read 100 pages a week. If people can't keep up then we can switch it for the following month. As of right now we will check in on Thursdays just because the 1st is a Thursday, lol.
.
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
(Won with almost half the votes ending with 6)

What it's about.....

Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church.

The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.

14 comments:

Adrienne said...

I just picked this up...Do you have a book club thing going on ...I missed a ton on vacation...

Unknown said...

I was just about to place an order from Barnes & Noble...glad I held off and saw this 1st so I can add it to my order! I can't wait to get started on it =)

KK said...

Yep we are starting a book club! I've posted a ton about in the past week, feel free to join in Adrienne!

We are going to be starting in just a few weeks I hope I gave everyone enough time to get the book! I'm so excited!

Mrs. B said...

so i bought this for my ereader... but question?? Should we just pick a chapter to get to?? Cause my "pages" are numbered the same as in the book lol

KK said...

Bri- I went through the book and they happen to end on a new chapter on each hundred (or with in a page) so I will post for sure when we are reading on where to stop.

Anonymous said...

I am really interested in joining. How do I go about doing so?

KK said...

Just read along with us! I'm going to post every week once we start reading, just come in and check in and talk about what you feel about the book!

Mrs. B said...

I meant to say my pages *aren't* the same as in the book... lol sorry lost my mind for a sec :)

Jes said...

This is completely off topic, but have you ever heard the song "Sink or Swim" by Tyrone Wells? If not, you should definitely check it out! Every time I come to your blog I start singing that song in my head!

KK said...

Jes- YES I HAVE! I love that song! I had it playing on here for a while...but took the music off. I think I might add just that song back.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm so excited to start reading this at the beginning of April!

Jes said...

got my book in the mail today! can't wait to start reading and discussing =)

Anonymous said...

so was this one chosen because it's going to be a movie?

with miley cyrus no less.

KK said...

Michael- I didn't pick it, everyone had 3-4 days to vote on which book they wanted and this one won (I wanted a different one...lol)

I won't be the one choosing the books everyone will vote every month. I will add a few from the last round and I will take sugestions from people on books they feel would be good to be read.